2014年1月12日日曜日

Practice 1/12 - JLPT N3 Practice Test Results

Today I did the N3 Practice test. All together I spent about 3 1/2 hours studying and testing today.

My scores:

Vocabulary/Kanji - 8/33, or 24%
Grammar/Reading - 20/39, or 51%
Listening - 24/27, or 89%

- I'm disappointed in my reading and vocabulary scores. My problems hearing the difference between long and short vowel sounds means I often know the kanji, know the meaning, know the usage, but have to guess between 3 or 4 choices because I'm not sure which if any have long sounds.

- I couldn't concentrate anymore after the first 31 of the grammar section. The reading just became a blur and I got almost every one in that section wrong.

- I was disappointed because my best reading skill is picking out cost, due dates, time, and features from advertisements and お知らせ - notices. But I got one of those two wrong because I just didn't read closely because I was so happy to be almost finished.

- I did better on the sentence construction section.

- I almost skipped the listening but I knew I wouldn't want to do it tomorrow, so I did it anyway.

As much as I want to study what I got wrong, my plan is to just set the test aside and not check the answers, and start my new textbook. Once I'm all finished and I re-take the test in a few months, I may start to dig into those specific errors.

From tomorrow I will start this book: