2013年9月6日金曜日

Practice 9/6

Got 30 minutes in today, reading and practicing drills. Finished 16-20 in my practice sheets.

I have a big problem with long o sounds. Works like 学校、水道、or 食堂 get me because I can't heard the slight difference between ど and どう, for example. This means I have a hard time picking the right "spelling" off a list even though I can read the words. The reverse is no problem - I know the kanji for the vocabulary. Too bad that doesn't seem to be a big part of the test, Or the point - I should be able to do them backward and forward.

New words;

講堂 (こうどう) - auditorium
急に (きゅうに)- rapidly, swiftly
用意 (ようい) - preparation (I usually default to using 準備 (じゅんび); it's good to have a synonym)
弁当 (べんとう) - bento lunchbox (I know this, I forget the kanji a lot)
人口 (じんこう) - population (same usage as 住民 (じゅうみん), I'm not sure or not)

I need to find some Japanese to listen to in the car that's close to my vocabularly level without. being. spoken. really. slowly. because. my. listening. is. conversational. speed. not all slowed down. The example audio I've heard for N4 sounds a little slow.