2013年9月5日木曜日

Why am I taking the JLPT?

I used to be pretty good at Japanese. Not great, but conversationally fluent and pretty comfortable in it day to day.

I put in a lot of effort to get there.

But, I let my Japanese get rusty, mostly because I don't need it to survive day-to-day and my schedule made it hard to have a regular tutor.

Therefore I've signed up for the JLPT in December. I will be taking N4 (the levels are N5 - the easiest - to N1 - the hardest). I am sure I can pass it, but the goal is to maximize my score. I want to use the test as a focus for my studies rather than a challenge of my abilities.

I want to make sure I know the material for my level inside and out, because the level isn't the goal, the language is the goal.

I will be using this blog to organize my thoughts, link to things I'm reading about Japan, whatever. But mostly it'll be to lot my daily practice.