2013年9月9日月曜日

Practice 9/9

Little reading today. Instead I spent over one hour listening and re-listening to the following "Easy Japanese" news stories. Short and easy, and a bit slow, but I was able to practice reading along and really listen closely to the speech. I doubled up my usual time because this wasn't directly JLPT related or reading/kanji related. It played to my strength (picking up meaning from spoken Japanese) but I feel like it was still useful.

In reverse order, I listened to:

Dealing with Tornadoes in Saitama (!)


Longest ever pro baseball game in Japan (Softbank beak Nippon Ham in 12 innings)

Japan selected for Olympics in 2012 (Very cool, I have family in Tokyo . . . )

Wrestling is Back in 2020 Olympics - really, how it got removed is beyond me. It's one of the original Olympic sports! And I want the Pankration back in, too, by the way.